Saturday, March 20, 2010

Mixing Patterns and Prints


Mixing patterns and prints is a hot trend for Spring 2010. 


Source: Vogue


And here are some mixed patterns and prints available in Neiman Marcus for Spring 2010.




How to mix patterns and prints
  • Keep it to maximum two different patterns or prints
  • Repeat at least one colour in both
  • Or keep the background colour the same
  • Using a solid colour as a third garment will help to tone it down
Petites
Keep patterns and prints in proportion to your height and shape.  Smaller patterns and prints will look better.

There will be an abundance of patterns and prints in stores in the coming months. I've decided to give mixed patterns and prints a bash. I'll be stretching my comfort zone because I'm a no pattern kinda girl.  In previous blogs I've mentioned how I'm a Natural Girl because I prefer relaxed, easy-to-wear clothing in block colours, so its going to be interesting to see whether I can pull it off. 

What do you think of this new trend?  Are you going to give it a try or will you sit this one out?


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comment.